Monday, February 16, 2009

Hello!

Thanks for stopping by.
I started this blog to give me a place to share some of my photos and travels through the hockey (and NASCAR!) seasons.

If you are interested in sports photography, hopefully you will find some useful information along the way. I will do my best to put camera settings on the shots that I post to give you an idea of how they were shot. I'm still in learning mode myself (and likely will stay that way) and have found lots of information along the way that has helped me. Thanks to all of the other photogs that have been willing to share their expertise on http://www.sportsshooter.com/ and personal blogs.

In the meantime, here are a couple of my favourite shots and how they came about...



(Nikon D300 with 70-200 zoom at 120 mm / f2.8 / 1/500 s / 1000 ISO)

This is probably the one I like the best. It was shot on the catwalk at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium during the MasterCard Memorial Cup last May. Belleville Bulls' coach George Burnett was laying out a plan during a timeout and they went out and scored on the play. I love overheads when they give you a different look on something that you see all the time during games.



(Nikon D700 with 24-70 at 24mm / f2.8 / 1/25s / ISO 1600)

This was ScotiaBank Place just before the gold medal game at the World Junior Championships in Ottawa. The fans were passing around a huge Canadian flag in the lower bowl and the Canadian players had skated out for warm-up. The atmosphere was electric. I asked one of the ushers when was the last time he saw the building like that. He laughed and said "never - not even for the Stanley Cup playoffs."

It was very cool - especially after they won.

No comments:

Post a Comment